Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Paper Dolls Challenge #7

It's Laurie Beth's turn to host this week's Papertrey Paper Dolls Challenge and it's a fun one!  Check it out here.

Laurie Beth's challenge is right up my alley! There are two parts to the challenge:  create your own patterned paper and keep the card clean and simple.  These are two things that I love to do.

I got the inspiration for my card from Debbie Olson's post here.  I really liked the simple layout.

I've been wanting to try Nichole's tip of using the scor-tape with glitter. I'm so glad I did. This is one technique I'll be using often. It looks even more elegant in person. I hate it when glitter rubs off so easily. That's not the case with this technique.

Here's how I finished the inside. Clean and simple.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you take the time to visit our Paperdolls blog and participate in Laurie Beth's awesome challenge.

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  Damask Designs, For the Graduate
Paper:  Raspberry Fizz, SS White
Ink:  Raspberry Fizz, Melon Mambo (SU)
Embellishments:  glitter, 1/4" scor-tape, white brad
Tools:  scalloped scallop edge punch (EK Success)

Measurements
white base:  3-1/2 x 5
Raspberry Fizz mat:  3-1/4 x 4-3/4
stamped pattern paper:  3-1/8 x 4-5/8
sentiment:  3-1/2 x 1-1/2
borders:  3-1/2 long

9 comments:

  1. This is so AWESOME! I love the how the strips of glitter really set off the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your glitter strips!! I like how you used Damask for a graduation card!! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card! I love the colors and the glitter!! Great take on the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredibly cute!! Love the colors and that glitter...oh, la, la!! :) Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Love the background and the glitter strips are such a nice element.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love damask and raspberry fizz. That glitter strip is an incredible touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This card is fantastic. It also offers an alternative to the school colors/traditional grad. cards. I love the glitter. It really jazzes it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The glitter and the raspberry fizz make this such a great girly graduation card!

    ReplyDelete