Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

PPD Challenge #4

This week, Jen challenged us to make a masculine and a feminine card using the same stamps. Hop on over to the Paper Dolls blog for the details and to see her samples.

Picking a stamp set that could be used for both masculine and feminine cards was no easy task for me. I eventually chose to work with the Wise Owl set. 

Here is my feminine card. I got the idea to paper-piece my owl from the ever talented Nichole Heady. You can see her original post here.

Here's a close-up of my owl. I used black skittles for the eyes.

I kept the inside sweet and simple. It was easy since this stamp set came with an adorable matching mini owl.

Here's the masculine card. For those of you within my age group, doesn't the rick rack design kind of remind you of Jughead's hat? You know, the guy from the Archie comics? If you don't know what I mean, be grateful! lol!

Here's a close-up...

...and the inside.

Thanks for visiting! Make sure to stop by the Paper Dolls blog tomorrow because it will be my turn to host a challenge.

All supplies used are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
Stamps:  Wise Owl
Paper for Feminine card:  Kraft, Stampers Select White, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss, Summer Sunrise, Dotty Biscotti, Orange Zest (for the nose)
Paper for Masculine card:  Kraft, Vintage Cream, Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest, Chocolate Chip (SU), Dotty Biscotti
Ink for Feminine Card:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss
Ink for Masculine card:  Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest, Rich Cocoa (Memento),
Embellishments:  skittles for the girl owl
Tools:  rick rack die

8 comments:

  1. Michelle....SO cute! I love these! Pefect for the challenge! That is such a cute set! I have always wanted it! Maybe it needs to go back in my cart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so cute Michelle, and good job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job with this challenge!! I LOVE your choice of using the Wise Owl set! I have this set and it's been a LONG time since I've used it......needs love again after seeing this! The rick rack borders are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your cards!! Perfect set for this challenge and you did a great job! I love the pink owl...too cute!! The rick rac is such a fun accent too! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michelle, these are awesome! I really need to add this set to my collection. Looks like I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous gf... love them.. great take on the challenge, those owls are too cute!!! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent cards! Love how you used the same layout to make two different cards. Love the pink owl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, So cute. I love scrolling down and watching the cards go from feminine to masculine. You did a great job with this!

    ReplyDelete