Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Umbrella Card

I recently discovered Diva Coffee Break Designs. Their blog has different challenges going on. The one catch is that all the supplies you use for your design have to be from Stampin' Up! and they have to be current. This is great for me because I joined a monthly card swap that has the same requirements. This week's challenge was a sketch. Here's what I came up with: I made the umbrella by cutting a 2-1/2" circle with my circle cutter. Then I cut off 1/3 of the circle and used my scallop punch. I added the small band of pink to the umbrella just to give it a little more character.
Did you notice the handle? If I had a Stampin' Up! alphabet set, I would have used the letter "J". Since I didn't, I had to improvise. I used the horizontal slot punch and the word window punch to make it. It turned out better than I hoped it would. Here's a list of the materials I used.
Paper: Raspberry Tart DP, Kiwi Kiss, Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, Whisper White Stamps: Itty Bitty Buds, Holiday Blitz, On Your Birthday Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red Tools: Circle Cutter, Scallop Punch, Word Window Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch Other: Pretty In Pink ribbon, Pretties Kit Come back again soon!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, how cute is this?!! How clever the way you came up with your umbrella and handle!! Ooh, and the colors and all the details. Just a wonderful card. So glad you played along with our challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete